IBM’s Partnerworld is TODAY! Why should small businesses care about #socbiz?! #ibmsocialbizFebruary 26, 2013
Today I am in Las Vegas with a group of great partners and will be involved in a Social Business Boot camp for and all there!
Here are some interesting reasons why I am so passionate about helping my partners with social!
- Did you know that 90% of small businesses are on Facebook, and roughly two-thirds post more than once per week? Yet, only a quarter of all U.S. small businesses (20-99 employees) and a third of midsized companies say they use social media “to engage with customers and prospects in a strategic and structured way.” Another 20% of both groups say they use social media, but in an ad hoc manner. (eMarketer)
- More than 80% of small to midsized businesses (SMBs) plan to increase their use of social media in 2013. Not suprising, considering that 87% of SMBs say that social media has helped them either somewhat or a great deal in th past year. Of those using this channel, social media accounts for 32% of SMB marketing activities. (Marketing Charts)
- Still, not every small business should be using social media—or at least not using it as they are currently. 79% of small business owners on Twitter post just once per day or even less frequently, yet one out of three want to spend less time on social media. These business owners would be best advised to either spend their time on other tactics or hire someone who knows and enjoys social media to interact on their businesses’ behalf. No deposit, no return. (Leaders West)
- Meanwhile, 55% of small businesses have a blog. (Leaders West)
- Despite the growing popularity of local mobile search and social activity, only 3% of U.S. small businesses use geolocation services. (eMarketer)
- Mobile marketing is “becoming mainstream” for small to midsized businesses (SMBs). 18% said they were “very likely” and 31% “somewhat likely” to incorporate mobile elements in their advertising and marketing efforts to reach potential customers in the coming year. Meanwhile, 7 in 10 plan to either maintain or increase spending in this area (Marketing Charts)
We will share our best practices on all of these areas So MoLo
Interested in this coming to you! Let me know!