Many of you know that I’m always bragging about my Texas heritage. Can’t help it! Texas is a great place! And when SXSW is in full-swing, it’s a great time to soak up all that is Austin!
Just like last year, Chef Watson will be active at SXSW. We have a Chef Watson session in the making at the historic Driskill Hotel this year. You can check it out on the SXSW website -> http://schedule.sxsw.com/2015/events/event_IAP44524. Bring your recipe ideas!
There are so many things to love about Austin, but I must admit, my favorite thing about Austin is the food! So, in spirit of Chef Watson coming back to SXSW, I’ve comprised a list of Austin foodie places! Get ready for some great food!
We gotta start with Mexican food!
- el Alma (http://www.elalmacafe.com/)
- Mama V’s Quezzadillaville (http://www.mamavsaustintx.com/)
- Licha’s Cantina (http://lichascantina.com/)
BBQ, anyone! Yes!
- Black’s in Austin (http://blacksbbqaustin.com/)
- Micklethwait (http://www.craftmeats.com/)
- la Barbeque (http://www.labarbecue.com/)
Then there’s Southern and Southwestern style!
- Fixe – Austin’s Southern House (http://austinfixe.com/)
- Olamaie (http://olamaieaustin.com/)
- Chavez (http://chavez-austin.com/)
Asian food is sooo delicious!
- Ramen Tatsu-Ya (http://ramen-tatsuya.com/)
- Koriente (http://www.koriente.com/)
- East Side King (http://eskaustin.com/v2/south-lamar/)
- Sway (https://swayaustin.com/)
And last, but not least, FOOD TRUCKS!
- Peached Tortilla (http://www.thepeachedtortilla.com/locations/)
- Be More Pacific (http://www.bemorepacifictruck.com/)
- Chi’lantro BBQ (http://www.chilantrobbq.com/)