We’ve selected our ten semi-finalists who will be headed to the LAUNCH Scale event next month in San Francisco where the most influential leaders in technology will teach founders how to scale their businesses.
Last year’s event featured tactical talks from Reddit, Twitter, Indiegogo, LinkedIn, Zillow, Yelp, and many more. LAUNCH Scale 2015 is expected to see two times the attendance and content. Thank you to all of the talented startups who competed worldwide, and congratulations to the below companies who will move on to the next phase of SmartCamp 2015.
1. Singapore – gridComm: gridComm provides power line communications semiconductors, devices and systems to transform the electricity grid into a smart grid. (http://www.gridcomm-plc.com/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/gridcomm).
2. Amsterdam – BitSaver: BitSaver’s BitSensors uses big data correlation and efficient attack detection to give visual insight into attacks and creates applications that learn to defend themselves. (www.bitsensor.io)
3. Amsterdam – MultiSense: MultiSense B.V. is a Start-Up company engaged in the industry of multibiometrics and advanced software solutions. Its unique technology merges multi-biometric factors: face and voice recognition, fingerprint signature, combined with GPS and NFC technologies (
4. Austin – The Car Force: The connected car company that increases customer retention and satisfaction for dealerships http://www.thecarforce.com/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheCarForce
5. Montevideo – BQuate: A solution for the music and video industry, helping to sell music to online stores worldwide. (https://www.bquate.com/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/bquatemusic
6. Auckland – Eight Wire Limited: Reduces the risk and cost of moving to PaaS and IaaS. Conductor automates the majority of the effort to make cloud migration quick and easy. (https://www.eight-wire.com/
7. Los Angeles – YOSKO: Mobile care coordination for hospitals (http://www.yosko.com/ | https://twitter.com/yosko)
8. Boulder – Congo: The Simplest Way to Connect with an Attorney for free. Find an attorney. Connect via video chat. Enjoy peace of mind. (https://congo.io/ | Twitter: https://twitter.com/congo_io
9. Prague – Lime High Tech: Allows you to communicate with your mobile audience using targeted messages, personal chat or proximity based triggers to engage people in using your app or service (http://www.lime-company.eu/| https://twitter.com/lime_company?lang=en)
10. Mexico City – Capptu: A crowdsourced web platform designed to create a community of stock images that allows both amateur and professional photographers to have their photos available for sale in a marketplace where potential buyers can acquire licenses. (http://capptu.com/ | https://twitter.com/capptu)
All ten semi-finalists will be invited back to San Francisco in March 2016 to exhibit in the IBM SmartCamp Pavilion at LAUNCH Festival, the largest startup event in the world with over twenty-thousand attendees. Three will be selected to move on to step four, pitching live at LAUNCH Festival (http://www.smartcamp2015.com/rules/).
Please continue to follow the IBM Global Entrepreneur story on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ibmGE for updates from our ten startups and more news.