Archive for the ‘social media’ Category
Posted in IBM, Marketing 2.0, Marketing 2.0, Social Business, social marketing, social media, Web 2.0 | Tagged digital, Marketing, Marketing 2.0, social, social business, social media | Leave a Comment »
In 1935, three decades before the Equal Pay Act, IBM recruited its first women in the workforce. IBM’s founder, T.J. Watson Sr. promised women, “the same kind of work for equal pay.” Since then, IBM has been acknowledged as a world leader in its commitment to women both in and out of the workforce. In 2014, IBM was named one of the 諺Best Companies for Women”by Forbes.
It should come as no surprise that IBM has partnered with WITI (Women In Technology International), a powerhouse dedicated to women in tech, on their first ever Virtual Hackathon. WITI started in 1989 as The International Network of Women in Technology and, in 2001, evolved into The WITI Professional Association, the world’s leading trade association for tech-savvy women. Today, WITI is the premiere global organization empowering women in business and technology to achieve unimagined possibilities.
I personally invite you to join Bluemix, IBM’s premier cloud development platform, and WITI for an international hackathon where developers, scientists, students, and entrepreneurs will gather virtually to build software, applications, hardware, data visualization and platform solutions focused on the Internet of Things and wearables. The hackathon runs throughout the month of May and is open to open to all.
Follow these easy steps to get started and get hacking!
1. Register for the hackathon at ibm.biz/witiregistration
2. Register for your free Bluemix trial at ibm.biz/witihack
3. Participate in Bluemix virtual education sessions and review technical resources here: ibm.biz/witihackathon
4. Start building your app and submit it for review by May 27th.
Prizes include IBM Cloud Credit, a 1-hour virtual meeting with me, 2016 WITI Summit tickets, free WITI memberships and more.
As a board member of WITI and mentor to several women in IBM, I am thrilled to see this type of collaboration and can’t wait to see the apps you come up with!
Today is my Mom’s birthday. I don’t get to live close anymore, but we do talk daily. As I was chatting with a friend who recently lost her mom, she reminded me to cherish each moment so I decided to write the Top 7 Things I love about my mom!
- Gives without expecting anything in return. My mom is the most giving person I know. Of course to her children, but to all. She extends herself without expecting anything in return.
- Leads by example. Whether she is gardening, or doing Tax Returns, my mom leads by example. She never asks anyone to do anything that she isn’t willing to do herself.
- Chooses Attitude over circumstances. One of the things my mom taught me is that you sometimes cannot change your circumstances, but your attitude you have control over. Make sure you keep your attitude in check, and don’t let those circumstances control you!
- Exudes “Smart.” My mom was valedictorian in High School but could not afford to go to college. Yet, she still used her incredible intelligence to be so successful in life. She is not just book smart, but life smart.
- Grows in faithfulness. My mom is faithful in her faith and God. She has a gentle and trusting spirit.
- Shares Encouragement. I cannot remember a time when my mom didn’t encourage her friends, family, and even pets. She is a natural encourager — go Mom Go!
- Exemplifies Love. My mom loves unconditionally. Her love is soft and gentle yet strong.
I know that Mother’s day is upcoming as well and I cannot be more thankful for the beautiful woman who is my mom.
She has taught me how to be a good mom and leader!
Celebrate your mom today!