I heard many people say that they are “too old” for social. I don’t buy this at all. Social has nothing to do with age….. but a young spirit. We all need to keep a youthful attitude instead of not changing or adapting. This works in life as well as with Social Networks!
Social networking is not just used by the young and the restless. Which age groups are using social media?
Did you know that:
- 72% of all internet users are now active on social media
- 18-29 year olds have an 89% usage
- The 30-49 bracket sits at 72%
- 60 percent of 50 to 60 year olds are active on social media
- In the 65 plus bracket, 43% are using social media
Also per Pew Research:
1. Learn some tools like Facebook, Twitter, or whatever your “crowd” leverages. Do this in person at social classes that are offered for free (our library did free classes this weekend!) or online. You can do it!
2. Set goals. That means we need to chase our dreams and work toward our goals. It could be personal like keeping in touch with friends or grandkids. Or it could be work related. When you wake up with something to accomplish, and you don’t settle for watching the world go by, you keep that spirit young and fresh!
3. Keep laughing! If you ever watch a child, they laugh and have fun. You may not get it right away but don’t get down on yourself. Keep moving — have a laugh and collect the stories.
We know that digital natives love technology and social networks but the fastest growing group on social today are those digital immigrants. Immigrants always take risks and drive forward!