Archive for the ‘social media’ Category
When school starts, and I pack my kid’s lunches, I always finish them off with a special note to encourage them in the day.
For instance, with my youngest Kassie I did a bunch of K’s that I think are special for her!
- K is for Kisses!
- K is for Krazy special — for the special girl that you are!
- K is for Kind – be kind to your friends today — for they are precious!
My kids say that it is a moment in the day — among hard work, getting teased, and questioning their confidence — that they pause to know that someone really cares for them!
As I was thinking about how my oldest daughter carefully folds and saves each note, I wondered how much we all need that encouragement.
- How could I place a “virtual note in each of my team’s lunch box” ?
- What would it say?
- Would they appreciate it like my kids?
- And what would I want my note to say if someone left one for me!
But then I thought — do we do this each day — through Twitter? For instance, when I share quotes or welcome the beautiful sunrise, is that the same?
Is that the new form of the lunch box note?
What do you think?
I am seeing this “Fear of Missing Out” growing and emerging as a new stress point. With everyone watching social networks, where people only post the “great things”,
This phenomenal has become so common that it was placed in the dictionary in 2013. FOMO is defined as the “anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website.”
So that you do not get caught up in this new theme, here’s some tips:
- Stay focused on what’s important to focus on in your life. Set your goals and where you want to go. Don’t go with a goal just because someone else has.
- Remind yourself that what’s posted is only part of life. Most people most the signature moments of their life, not everything. Your mundane moments are part of life — maybe just not tweetable!
- Enjoy and focus on what you have — not just what others have! This is true in life overall! But in particular in Social Media.