When school starts, and I pack my kid’s lunches, I always finish them off with a special note to encourage them in the day.
For instance, with my youngest Kassie I did a bunch of K’s that I think are special for her!
- K is for Kisses!
- K is for Krazy special — for the special girl that you are!
- K is for Kind – be kind to your friends today — for they are precious!
My kids say that it is a moment in the day — among hard work, getting teased, and questioning their confidence — that they pause to know that someone really cares for them!
As I was thinking about how my oldest daughter carefully folds and saves each note, I wondered how much we all need that encouragement.
- How could I place a “virtual note in each of my team’s lunch box” ?
- What would it say?
- Would they appreciate it like my kids?
- And what would I want my note to say if someone left one for me!
But then I thought — do we do this each day — through Twitter? For instance, when I share quotes or welcome the beautiful sunrise, is that the same?
Is that the new form of the lunch box note?
What do you think?