I was inspired by the great presentation by Tiffany Shlain on lessons of life!
I’ll share by favorites!
- Know what you want and know when to walk away. You won’t succeed at everything. So know which things to stick with and which things to throw over!
- Be over prepared. Enough said!
- Think outside the box. Tiffany shared a story about how she didn’t like to negotiate so she had folks email her “alternative email” so that she could negotiate in a different voice. Think about different ways to be strong!
- Renegotiate your definition of success. It does change throughout life!
- Negotiate boundaries with technology. Tiffany and her family turn off all devices one day a week — their family’s new favorite day!
- Whoever throws out the first number loses. (Her freebie!)
- Always use the Love Sandwich approach. Start with the good, what “they” will get. Add in the middle what you want — and close with the “what they will get”
- Seek advice from a diverse group of people.
- Workout your courage. It is like a muscle that needs to be exercised.
- Have fun and constantly be changing!