I am seeing this “Fear of Missing Out” growing and emerging as a new stress point. With everyone watching social networks, where people only post the “great things”,
This phenomenal has become so common that it was placed in the dictionary in 2013. FOMO is defined as the “anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on a social media website.”
So that you do not get caught up in this new theme, here’s some tips:
My kids were at their grandparents the last week and so to keep in touch we did a series of “dubsmash’ videos to communicate.
Yes, we discovered this through my Brother and Sister in Law and have had a blast doing it!
Just a fun Wed tip!
Go to the AppStore and look for DubSmash. It is fun!
I am riding in the car today with my 16 year old daughter. She was looking for a specific song on the radio. While constantly switching stations she was listening carefully but selectively scanning out the ‘wrong’ songs. Station after station was rejected until she heard the familiar song she was seeking.
This experience made me think of social media communications. How do you break through all the other “stations” out there and have your audience search for yours?
Here’s 3 tips for our Friday!
1. Leads developed through employee social marketing convert 7x more frequently than other leads (Source: IBM)
Wow! Employees are becoming the new sellers!
2. Sales reps using social media as part of their sales techniques outsell 78% of their peers (Source: Forbes)
Developing a relationship online makes a big difference!
3. 77% of buyers are more likely to buy from a company whose CEO uses social media (Source: MSLGroup)
It starts Top Down!
1. Nobody who ever gave her best regretted it. George Hala
2. Entrepreneur is a state of mind, not a job title.
3. Make your crazy ideas stick.
4. Being you can be your niche.
5. What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail. E. Roosevelt
6. A tweet only lasts 60 minutes.