Archive for the ‘Marketing 2.0’ Category
Today is my Mom’s birthday. I don’t get to live close anymore, but we do talk daily. As I was chatting with a friend who recently lost her mom, she reminded me to cherish each moment so I decided to write the Top 7 Things I love about my mom!
- Gives without expecting anything in return. My mom is the most giving person I know. Of course to her children, but to all. She extends herself without expecting anything in return.
- Leads by example. Whether she is gardening, or doing Tax Returns, my mom leads by example. She never asks anyone to do anything that she isn’t willing to do herself.
- Chooses Attitude over circumstances. One of the things my mom taught me is that you sometimes cannot change your circumstances, but your attitude you have control over. Make sure you keep your attitude in check, and don’t let those circumstances control you!
- Exudes “Smart.” My mom was valedictorian in High School but could not afford to go to college. Yet, she still used her incredible intelligence to be so successful in life. She is not just book smart, but life smart.
- Grows in faithfulness. My mom is faithful in her faith and God. She has a gentle and trusting spirit.
- Shares Encouragement. I cannot remember a time when my mom didn’t encourage her friends, family, and even pets. She is a natural encourager — go Mom Go!
- Exemplifies Love. My mom loves unconditionally. Her love is soft and gentle yet strong.
I know that Mother’s day is upcoming as well and I cannot be more thankful for the beautiful woman who is my mom.
She has taught me how to be a good mom and leader!
Celebrate your mom today!
I love quotes and wanted to share my fav 5 for this week!
1. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. But it is wisdom that knows not to put a tomato into a fruit salad. Informs Conference
2. In GOD we trust. All others bring data.
3. Don’t get distracted by every squirrel that runs by.
4. People lose their way when they lose their why. Focus on your goals.
5. Never sacrifice 3 things: your family, your heart, or your dignity.
Posted in analytics, IBM, INFORMS, Marketing 2.0, Marketing 2.0, Social Business, social marketing, social media, Web 2.0 | Tagged analytics, Franz Edelman, french Open, IBM, INFORMS | Leave a Comment »
I had such a great weekend in NYC meeting all the great Hackers on the Bluemix platform. You will see a set of videos around participants from 15 years old to 70 years old, as well as a ton of folks driving innovation into the local communities.
Today, we have Astronaut Cady Coleman, an amazing woman who spent 6 months in space!
From #SMMW15, I loved Douglas Karr , the President and CEO of DK New Media, and his examples of powerful Influencer Marketing.
Authenticity is when your voice and input are helpful, real, verifiable and meaningful, A simple example of the power of authenticity is a viral video hero!
The Authentic Rap
Did you catch the YouTube video that a husband filmed his wife in a very authenticate set of moves, as she raps to a song in the car. It has about 18M views to date. And the song playing by Salt and Pepper received another 500K downloads through the Ellen Show.
The Brand “takes over”:
Acura asked this “YouTube” star to do a commercial for them with their rap. I still like the rap in their new commercial — but it only racked up 172K views on YouTube “Drive like a boss”. Why? It was not as authentic because of the heavy branding.
The second video is very branded, and not as authentic. The big question is how do you leverage an influencer in an authentic way?
Doug’s 3 top pieces of advice:
1. Leverage influencers that have an audience that matches your audience.
2. Find influencers who are willing to share the story with their audience.
3. Measure the impact of the influencer