Archive for the ‘bluemix’ Category
I’m very excited about the upcoming DockerCon event in San Francisco, CA on June 22-23. IBM is once again a platinum sponsor of this conference and I’m so excited about our showcase announcements coming up, including our support of Docker technology through tutorials, birds of a feather sessions, keynote appearances, social media promotions, and more.
I think the biggest news is the launch of IBM Containers on Bluemix! These are production-ready containers with rich management capabilities for developers to build and run hybrid applications in the enterprise with confidence. Developers get automated monitoring and logging for the most visibility and control to Bluemix with full deployment lifecycle. IBM Containers on Bluemix scale elastically with auto-recovery to meet the needs of application demand. Developers can also utilize the wide ecosystem of services on Bluemix today such as devops tooling and integration services.
IBM Containers on Bluemix are just the tip of the iceberg. We’ve expanded our use of Docker containers to run on Power Systems and z System. IBM is the first and only Docker partner to resell Docker Hub Enterprise and we’re now offering on-premise solutions sold with Urbancode Deploy and Pure Application.
Developers are under more pressure than ever to innovate, deliver, respond and react. These same pressures inspired us to create solutions like Bluemix and our thriving, developer-focused community, developerWorks. Despite all the APIs, runtimes, and tools today’s developers need, the Docker container stands out as an incredible solution for a difficult development landscape. We’ve just launched an all in one IBM Container Page on developerWorks to help developers get up to speed quickly on our containers. Check it out!
Through portable packaging, Docker enables a developer to build out the software required to support an application with lightning speed and ease. They can take that data anywhere, running it on a production environment, hybrid cloud, and more.
The conference is sold out, but even if you can’t attend, you can still stay up-to-date on all the excitement at developer.ibm.com/opentech
Contribute to the conversation with #DockerCon and #bluemix.
Today I am proud to announce the partnership of IBM with the Mayor of London and Gust, on a new digital platform for the ecosystem called TECH.LONDON !!!!
TECH.LONDON is THE digital place for London startups, investors, influencers, and developers to collaborate on innovation and disruption. tech.london
In one place it has:
- All London Startups, VCs
- Open spaces
It’s more than just a portal – it’s a digital community creating a World Class ecosystem that will enable the collaboration and innovation necessary for reinvention of today’s world.
There are 3 reasons why IBM has invested in this London Ecosystem NOW.
First, London is a city of Developers – the new King Makers.
There are over 18M developers worldwide — and a large cluster of them are right here in London. This developer Skill is the key to the kingdom.
Second London is a start up magnet.
- With the “startup explosion” of over 140K startups globally, London is in the Startup epicenter and was recently ranked one of the top cities in the WORLD where entrepreneurs want to meet up and #1 in Europe. Did you know 34K digital and tech companies reside in London/
And third, London startups are global – they internationalize at a much faster rate than those around the world. Over 1B pounds of investment goes into London Start-ups!
Tech.London is an essential resource to help connect and continue the strong growth of the London tech scene.
IBM’s investment in Tech.London is twofold:
First, with technology. Tech.London is powered by IBM Cloud – our Bluemix platform that is the fastest growing developer platform in the world.
IBM’s sponsorship of Tech.London goes beyond being built on IBM Bluemix.
Tech.London is powered by the People and so IBM is ensuring the local IBM teams, who just rated IBM as one of their favorite employer in Europe, help to create this community.
- With IBMers from South Bank to Level 39 and beyond, we are sharing our best employees to work Shoulder to Shoulder with the London Ecosystem. Knowhow, Kingdon, Monitise, and Push Technology are examples of IBM’s partnership locally.
- Hackathons – like the one just last week at Wimbledon where we had teams deliver amazing Innovative solutions around Fan Experience.
- Academics – like the partnerships at the Imperial College of London – where we are helping students use Cloud, IOT, and their imaginations to power a balloon to 30 kilometers to read information to have weather become Smarter.
- Meetups with the Future of London in diversity. Diverse workteams drive innovation – so we are hosting meetups and events around Coding to help more women and girls select tech as a viable career choice.
- Resources – like IBM’s Global Entrepreneur Program that allows new companies to use up to 77K pounds free use of the IBM Cloud but more importantly Free Technical Support and GTM help.
Each of these types of activities will now be easily found by the local community by Tech.London to disrupt the WORLD!
This exciting public/private partnership between IBM, the Mayor of London, Gust and a wide range of local partners puts this powerful digital platform into the hands of the London community for the London community.
Tech.London will be a great value to innovation and disruption creating a launchpad for continued growth here in the capital.
TECH.LONDON – check it out! tech.london