I love to multi-task and social really enables me to do more than one thing at a time.
However, the study by (Visual.ly) showed that
- The typical worker is interrupted once every 28 minutes on average.
- 28% of the average work day is spent on interruptions and recovery time.
- 45% of workers believe they are expected to work on too many things at once.
- And tasks done in parallel take on average 30% longer to complete than those performed in a sequence
So what are my secrets to getting more done with social:
- I schedule social time in. 15 minutes at the start of the day, middle and end so that I can focus on listening and learning.
- I plan my social calendar. On the weekend, I plan my blogs my subjects to focus on, and even the tools of the week.
- I focus on what’s important with social analytics tools that help me sort through the rivers of information.
- I focus on the relationships and engagements.
- I love experimenting and look for surprises and learnings in everything (like see my last blog on the Ducks!) If you don’t look, you won’t see it!
What would you add?