Thinking through the “uses” of social, the list below came from a worksession in DC where we were more focused on the use of Social Tools vs just the Tool itself.!
Did we leave anything out?
- Lifecasting – like blogs where you document your activities or thoughts
- Crowdsourcing – like ideation –> innovating!
- Gaming Dynamics — to make everyting funner!
- Real time communication — the most common I think! like IBM connections, Twitter, Facebook!
- Social Commerce like groupon, Gilt — Timed offers that will run out if the group doesn’t come together!
- Social Review – going shopping with your 1000 best friends! Like amazon, yelp, tripadvisor!
- File/Content Sharing – like Slideshare and Youtube!
Questions that you should think through!
- In what ways is your company doing a great job of unleashing human potential to creat value
- Which human drives or behaviors patterns could you tap into more?
- What are your greatest opportunities?
- Which social Tech can help you amplify and accelerate those opportunities?
- How will you activate your organization an dothers to do this?