At Lotusphere this year, we are leveraging Location Based services to attract more emphasis on our offerings, have fun, and showcase the social business aspects that we are highlighting here in Orlando!
IBM has teamed with Gowalla to make the most out of Lotusphere!!! It lets you connect with your friends and business colleagues. and checkin throughout the hotels and sites here in Orlando to let others know where you are, find out where
others are meeting and plan trips to your favorite sessions like mine I hope on Wed from 10-11 in the Swan 5. (shameless plug there!)
There are a whole set of fun incentives like badges for our partners, most sessions, and most eaten!! These On-site fun incentives will create an awareness of location based services and create experimentation … one of the best ways to get started as a social business!
If you are here with us, here’s how you get going!!!
Here’s how to get started:
1. Install Gowalla on your mobile device. (See http://gowalla.com/apps)
2. Sign up and connect with your friends and colleagues.
3. Bookmark Lotusphere on Location trips for a selection of must-see spots while at the conference. There are 9 Lotusphere trips you can complete to earn pins.
4. Then, as you visit each of these spots, check in to show where you are. You’ll earn custom pins as you complete trips and visit more and more spots.
5. Add your photos so others can see what you are up to.
6. When you complete 3 trips, stop by one of the Social Cafes and show us and you can collect Gowalla Items IRL too! (while supplies last)
Have fun in the world of Social Business. I’ll post results after the conference!!! And learned!