Yes, I am a self proclaimed Girl Geek. In fact, Geek Girls are very chic!
So for my top 5 Picks at IBM’s Interconnect Conference in Las Vegas on Feb 22-26 — here you will find my top choices! And Yes, I want to go to all of them! How about you!?
You can register here: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/us/en/interconnect/devat/
Top 5 Speedgeeking Demos
- Startup in 15 Minutes Using Bluemix — Disrupt or be disrupted is the mantra of IT today. Watch this demonstration where we take an idea and turn it in to a prototype for a real business and take it to a pilot stage. We will use a variety of services on Bluemix including Cloudant, dashDB, Twillio, Analytics for Hadoop and Node-Red.
- Real-time Sentiment Analysis of Twitter during Brazil World Cup soccer games – FAMA was implemented for real-time sentiment analysis of streaming Twitter data during all matches of the 2014 FIFA World Cup. This engine included the sentiment about each player, the coach and the teams. We have implemented a Machine Learning-based classifier to identify the polarity of each tweet during the games in real-time using IBM InfoSphere Streams over Softlayer cloud infrastructure. The system provided a report of the most frequent topics, terms and their co-occurrences and the corresponding volume of messages classified with positive, negative or neutral polarity. These results were made available to a major nation-wide television network mobile app and at a ESPN hotsite.
- From Nothing to a Running App in the Cloud with IBM Bluemix DevOps Services – You want to develop something quickly but you don’t have days or weeks to set up an environments? No worries, Bluemix DevOps Services is here to help you be more productive. Come to this hands-on demo to see how to create a new app (Node.js), manage source code (Git), or configure automated builds and deployments (continuous delivery) in the cloud. The demo will also introduce DevOps Services capabilities to manage agile product development (Product Backlog, Sprint planning). When cloud computing is so easy with Bluemix DevOps Services, you can focus on what really matters: Develop your next brilliant idea.
- Building a Living Heart – (Just in time for Valentine’s Day!!) – Dassault Systemes, an IBM Business Partner and Silver+ sponsor, is building a heart simulator by working with experts in medicine, device manufacturing, academia and regulatory agencies. This is a short demo of the The Living Heart Project announced by the FDA and Dassault Systemes for a Living Heart collaborative research project with crowdsourcing and ability to project IP and share outcomes.
- Let’s Build a Start-up In 30 Minutes Using Bluemix and IoT – In this workshop we will show you how to quickly develop a new line of business using the IoT technology provided by Kiwi Wearables and the IBM Bluemix platform. As telco executive is trying to target the under-served market of senior citizens. They don’t carry smartphones so they sign very inexpensive contracts that barely generates any profit. The new business idea is to create a plan where they receive a smartphone with the Kiwi app pre-configured, a data plan and an automatic fall detection service. The attendees will build the fall detection service that will be running on IBM Bluemix and will use the services provided by the platform to store and analyze data and automatically notify a caregiver of the fall.