We have been getting a lot of positive response to the announcement around Apple and IBM.
What did we announce? An exclusive partnership that teams the market-leading strengths of each company to transform enterprise mobility through a new class of business apps—bringing IBM’s big data and analytics capabilities to iPhone® and iPad®.
Crucial for Developers — Mobile and Big Data
As I have told you before, we are truly committed to fostering an ecosystem of developers, partners – including ISVs and startups, and academia around our offerings as demonstrated by our BlueMix offering and the Cloud marketplace.
We have several ways you can jump on in!!!
- IBM PartnerWorld
- IBM developerWorks/mobile
- IBM Global Entrepreneur Program
- IBM Bluemix Days
Apple has also announced opening up their capabilities with 4,000 APIs and a specific enterprise developer effort to foster innovation on the iOS platform.
- If you are an ISV and want to know about enhancements or extensions around these solutions, just give your local IBMer a call or reach out to me here in the blog or via twitter.
What is offered:
Each of the new solutions will deliver end-to-end enterprise mobile capabilities for industries, leveraging 4,000 new open Apple application programming interfaces and based on a set of new cloud services released specifically for the Ironman MobileFirst Platform for iOS:
· A private cloud for application data storage and document sharing.
· Big data and analytics for insight and prediction at the point of contact.
· Device backup and restoration for business continuity, control of data and backup.
· Mobile integration for developers to seamlessly combine data from enterprise systems with their apps.
· Workflow capability to connect interactions — on a device or between users – into a business process.
· Mobile security to ensure continuous delivery, data integrity and distribution.