A smarter workforce looks for Resume 2.0!
A company that demands a smarter workforce uses great techniques to acquire the best skill. Using innovative techniques to find the right people for the right roles, assessing culture fit before investing and offering compensation plans that motivate and build loyalty as well as the overall brand are attributes of this type of company.
Anyone who wants to work for a top company needs to work on their Resume – but Resume 2.0! 64% of employers are logging onto social networks to examine profiles of candidates.
So what does a Resume 2.0 look like? What should you think through?
- Professional-ize your image (your picture and working)
- Secure Yourname.com
- Make your e-mail @yourname.com
- Ensure your paper resume links to web — mixed mode works best!
- Develop your own personal brand document to ensure all you do online fits that brand!
- Add a Twitter widget to bring freshness
- Add a Podcast on your capabitilities
- Video cast as video is the most trusted media
- Slideshow of your character and experience
- One of candidates sent me “The Brand of Jia” as her resume. It was amazing!
What else would you recommend if you are hiring people? What’s your best practice?