From BlogHer's New Social Media study!July 23, 2009
I am in Chicago at the Blogher conference, speaking and meeting with customers and partners!
They shared their latest social media study. Some interesting facts!
* 43M women read/write blogs (from from 35M last year)
* Time shift to social media continues. Women using social media use between 20-40% less TV, papers, etc.
* 75% of women online and using social media use blogging as a tool.
* Bloggers are the most prolific social media users.
* Bloggers perceive themselves as tech savvy, tippers, influencers, and experts. They crave that cross influence.
* Bloggers consider online relationships equal to those offline! Wow!
* Bloggers are twice as likely to turn to their social media source for information.
* 78% are considering their purchases more carefully.
* 25% buy more from companies they “know”
The bottom line is that blogging is growing in importance in influence, size, and fun!